If you’re looking to give your team a heads up before inviting them to SoapBox, we suggest you create a version of the template below. It’s designed to let people know what SoapBox is, why you’re using it and encourage them to start adding items to your agenda.
Automatic notifications SoapBox will send:
When you add someone to a meeting, we'll invite them to create a SoapBox account via email.
Here is what the email will look like:
They'll also receive this email after they sign-in for the first time:
Manual message we suggest sending
If you’d like to give people a heads up before they get that invite - we’ve created a template of what that email message could look like below! Feel free to copy and paste it! (Just don’t forget to replace the bits in [square brackets] 😬)
Our [weekly] [one-on-ones / team meetings] are incredibly valuable because they give us time to talk about [your goals, answer questions, and bring up any issues you think we should talk about].
I'd like us to start using SoapBox to manage our meeting agendas and discussions. I’m about to add you to a meeting - once you get the invite, please do these 3 things before we meet:
- Sign into the web app
- Add 2 items to our next [one-on-one / team meeting] agenda
- Add at least one comment to one of your items
Can't wait to meet!
Wait, does my team need to sign up?
Nope, all they need to do is click on the link in the email and sign in. Once they do that, all the meetings that they've been invited to will be in SoapBox waiting for them.
What can I do to make sure me and my team get the most out of SoapBox?
A couple of things we suggest you focus on initially are:
1. Add at least 2 items to each of your agendas. Nobody likes an empty meeting agenda!
#ProTip: If you're not sure what to talk about, use our suggested items at the bottom of your agenda!
2. Ask prompting questions in your items to encourage participation and discussion.
3. Get the word out about SoapBox to your team! Whether you use the email template above, Slack or another medium - just make sure people know what SoapBox is and why they should be excited to start using it!
To start creating your meetings click "Create" at the bottom left corner of your screen.